DB2 DBA Training introduction
We are the best DB2 DBA Training Institute in Coimbatore. By providing DB2 UDB DBA Training in Coimbatore we are introducing the methodology of learning DB2 DBA in Coimbatore. We have more than 12 years industry experienced trainers to take care of DB2 DBA Training for us. IBM DB2 is a Universal Database (UDB). DB2 Universal Database (UDB) supports many different types of applications and data types in various environments.
The Salient features of DB2 UDB are, • Product packaging enhancements – provides problem determination, DDL & Query costing tools
• Compression enhancements – Provides 30%-40% data & index compression.
• Manageability enhancements – Higher Tablespace storage & Page Size facilitated.
• pureXML enhancements – Supports relational model.
• Monitoring enhancements – Health & Activity monitoring provided for all objects.
• High availability – Maintains Database availability.
• Backup, Restore, Roll forward enhancement – Delta backup facilitated.
• Logging Enhancement – Log merge available.
• Performance enhancements – Reorg & RunStats helps to achieve performance.
• SQL compatibility enhancements – Additional ALTER table & column features introduced.
• Workload management enhancements – Database partition available.
• Security enhancements – Additional security privileges introduced.
• Application development enhancements – Stored procedure , Packaging strengthened.
• Multicultural support enhancements – UDB works in all platform.
• Troubleshooting and problem determination enhancements.
• Installation, upgrade, and fix pack enhancements.
The DB2 architecture provides a firewall so that applications run in a different address space than the DB2 database server. The firewall protects the database and the database manager from applications, stored procedures, and user-defined functions (UDFs). The firewall maintains the integrity of the data in the databases, because it prevents application programming errors from overwriting internal buffers or database manager files. The firewall also improves reliability, because application errors cannot crash the database manager. DB2 support multiple instances in a single system. Supports Export, Import, Load and DB2move utilities to integrate data. IBM DB2 is one of the powerful RDBMS software help to achieve high voluminous (128 TB) data and accommodates special CLOB, BLOB data types. DB2 is compatible with various operating systems and federates with different types of databases. DB2 is one of the leading Web-based databases.
DB2 UDB DBA Training Training Syllabus
Overview of DB2 9.7 on Windows
• Contrast the DB2 Family of products.
• Identify the DB2 Tools.
• Functions of DB2 components.
• Explore installation and parameters.
Command Line Processor (CLP) & GUI Usage • Use the Command Line Processor.
• Explore the GUI environment.
• Describe the DAS role with GUI tools.
The DB2 Environment
• Key features of an Instance.
• Create and drop an Instance.
• Use db2start and db2stop.
• Distinguish b/w types of Config.
• Describe and modify the Database Manager Configuration.
Creating Databases and Data Placement
• Creating a Database.
• Explore system Catalog tables, views.
• Compare DMS Vs SMS table Spaces.
• Database with Automatic Storage.
• Differentiate between table spaces, containers, extents, and pages.
• Define table spaces.
• Get snapshot for table spaces.
• Explore Database Config. Parameter.
Creating Database Objects
• List DB2 object hierarchy and physical directories & files.
• Creating objects: Schema, Table, View, Alias, and Index.
• Explore the use of table partitioning.
• Review the use of Temporary Tables.
• Implementation of Check Constraints, Referential Integrity and Triggers.
• Exploring the use of Large Objects.
• Discuss the INSERT statement and Recognize its limitations.
• Explain the differences between IMPORT and LOAD.
• Explain the EXPORT, IMPORT, and LOAD syntax.
• Create and use Exception Tables and Dump-Files.
• Distinguish and Resolve Table States: Load Pending and Set Integrity Pending.
• Use the SET INTEGRITY command.
• Discuss the db2move and db2look commands.
Backup And Recovery
• Describe the major principles and methods for backup and recovery.
• State the three types of recovery used by DB2.
• Explain the importance of logging for backup & recovery.
• Describe how data logging takes Place –circular & archival logging.
• Use the BACKUP, RESTORE, and ROLLFORWARD commands.
• Perform a table space backup and recovery.
• Restore a database to the end of logs or to a point-in-time.
• Backup and recovery scenarios.
Locking And Concurrency
• Explain why locking is needed.
• List objects that can be locked.
• Describe and discuss the various lock modes and their compatibility.
• Explain four different levels of data protection.
• Set isolation level and lock time out for current activity.
• Explain lock conversion & escalation.
• Describe causes of Deadlocks.
• Collect information for problem analysis and resolution.
• Use error logs for basic problem analysis.
• Describe four types of monitors: Snapshot Monitor, Event Monitor, Activity Monitor and Health Monitor.
• Basic commands to better work with connections and Sessions.
• Retrieve statistics and information from a running DB2 instance.
Application Issues and Performance
• Prepare applications that access DB2 data for execution.
• Describe the application alternatives available to access DB2 data.
• Define the concept of clustering, and determine the proper cluster sequence.
• Use RUNSTATS, REORGCHK, and REORG to enhance application performance.
• Work with the EXPLAIN facility.
• Use Access Control Mechanisms to implement database security.
• Use group IDs to create a control hierarchy.
• Describe Label Based Access Control.
• Describe privileges within a database.
• Describe privileges required for binding and executing a package.
• Describe the difference between explicit privileges & implicit privileges.
• Describe the different level of authorization.